Life In Technicolour

Life In Technicolour

Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Pony Up

Yet another family thing I've lied to get out of. I can't handle acting polite today, when I'm thinking, 'EFF YOU ALLLLLLLL'. Just really not in the mood for it today.

I think Vietnam kinda messed me up a bit. I can't even really look at the photos I took without feeling slightly ill, a bit nauseous. It's gone so far that I can't even wear the clothes I took over to Vietnam. At the very last choice, I will wear a shirt, but it will make me nauseous. Towards the end of the trip, I was getting headaches everyday. It was a strange thing. Thinking about travelling anywhere now makes me feel sick- I don't think I will ever do the travel thing. I'm not made for it, which is pretty disappointing.

It was also probably because of the fact that I had no one to really talk to- no internet, phone bills massive, and people who didn't speak English. Vietnamese is pretty much my second language, and I hate speaking it to other people, other then my parents. So, for a month, I was kinda silent. I spoke such little English, that when I came back, my brother in law joked that I sounded rusty, but in actual fact, I had the slightest trouble making grammatical sense for the first day or so...or maybe that's just me most of the time.

Anyway, I'm just glad I'm back here. When I was overseas, I didn't realise at the time how homesick I was until the night before we were leaving for Australia when all I dreamt about was sitting in my dad's car and being driven home down my street to my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment