Life In Technicolour

Life In Technicolour

Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dice

Yesterday I saw the hospital here for the first time. A friend had been hurt after he stupidly forgot to put the handbrake on his car as he got out to press in the numbers for our complex's security gate. The car started rolling into the gate, and into the fence inside and as a ridiculous reflex action, he ran to attempt to push his car back from rolling through the second fence. He ended up with his leg trapped between the car and the fence, and he called out for help. Lucky one of our neighbours were around and quickly ran out and reversed the car off his leg or it would have been crushed. Now not only does he have a badly hurt leg, he has a dent in his car, two broken fences he needs to pay for and probably can't go back to work for a few days. Moral of the story, always put on the handbrake...

I was speaking to my mum on the phone today, and even she has come to the realisation that I'll be FOREVER ALONE. She said that I'd probably wouldn't get married for a while, and my dad said it doesn't matter, because I'll be home for longer. I said I probably wouldn't get married until I'm in my 30's at least, and she didn't even disagree. I was telling this to Wendy and she told me that my standards were too high... BUT I DON'T WANT TO SETTLE PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment