Life In Technicolour

Life In Technicolour

Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Here It Goes Again

Anyone who keeps a blog knows that whenever they're updating it, they're avoiding some other task that they really should be doing instead. That's why right now I'm trying to ignore that pile of work next to my right hand, murmuring evil comments like, 'you're going to fail'. Okay, yeah not really, my work doesn't speak to me.

I'm going back to the country/university next week, and I'm so very excited to see what influx of insects there will be this time. Over the month that I'd been there, there has been masses of grasshoppers, moths, then mosquitoes that have thought the shower was quite a nice place to inhabit. There have been countless times in which I had to stop myself from screaming as a few grasshoppers jumped around me as I showered. And when I was studying at my desk...
'Huh. Some dark mass has just jumped onto my arm. Huh.' *shakes arm*
'Huh. Now it's on my leg.' *time to jump out of my chair like a woman on fire*
By this point I'm shaking my limbs wildly, still trying not to scream. Then I managed to trap it under my bin, and it was released by my brother in law (who was visiting with my family) the next day.
"It's just a grasshopper."
Yeah, well. Doesn't make it any less disgusting.

No, it's not that bad out there in the country. It's grown on me, though my thoughts at the start were pretty murderous. And mostly along the lines of:
"WHY ME?! WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME?!"
I remember thinking I needed change, last year. Who knew that the change was going to be this drastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment