Life In Technicolour

Life In Technicolour

Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Let's Call It Off

It's kinda shitty that I genuinely do want to stop talking to my high school friends. Actually, it's really not that hard to not talk to them, to not stay in touch. After high school, without the school work chatter, it made me question just exactly how I had ever maintained friendships with these people. I think it must have been the isolation, the shelter of high school I went through- I didn't have other people and other experiences.

Not to sound crappily corny, but we have different things we expect in life. I don't know whether it's because I've changed, or they have, or it's always been like this... but the things they want? Yeah, the things they think they can't live without, don't exactly coincide with what I want. To use my sister's term, they've become more 'yuppie', more into buying stupid shit. From the little I talk to them now, it seems their thoughts are filled and consumed with this crap.

I said at the start of the year that it didn't matter anyway, since they were barely keeping in touch, consumed by their own lives but now that they have an inkling of us slipping away, some are trying. Sure, try away. It still doesn't change the fact that I don't give a crap about what you talk about. It's incessant and ridiculous.

And if someone from that group happens to pass this blog, I have to say that I don't regret it. I just regret that I didn't realise earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment