Life In Technicolour

Life In Technicolour

Pages

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Fader

This week has been hectic. It's only been about eight days since I've left home again and it already feels like I've been here for a very very long time already. Yesterday was hectic. I thought I didn't have any pracs on this week, but I only realised after I was hanging out with a friend and a first year pharmacy student was talking to her about a prac for BMS (which I had failed the previous year). So I ended up nearly shitting my pants when I realised I was missing a prac, and Thanh calmed me down, got me some size ten closed toed shoes from someone in her residence, a massive labcoat, and prac book and drove me there. Thank crap for the kindness of strangers. The first year was even trying to calm me down. I suppose it was all my fault- I hadn't gone to any of those lectures 'cause I had others on.

I had to sneak into that prac. That wasn't the worst part. A girl, Belinda, in my year was one of the lab assistants. She's the smartest of our year, so I guess she was asked to do it. It was kind of degrading to have someone in the same year as you as your official teacher. But she was nice enough to joke with me about it.

It also feels really different this year because two of my closest friends here had moved to a different uni together, and there's some other people that are doing my course as distance students for a while. Damn those bitches.

I spent most of today buying those manual lawn mowers that have blades, putting it together and mowing the small patch of grass in the backyard with one of my roommates. It was bloody tiring cause the grass was about 30 cms long and there were spiders, cockroaches and crickets scurrying for safety. We shrieked while mowing.

A friend here named Diana was involved in a really bad car accident yesterday. Apparently she lost control of her car, went over to the other lane, between two trucks, and then rolled down a ditch into a wire fence. She got away with just body bruising from the seatbelt. All I can say is she's one freaking lucky woman. But she's driven me before, and I have to say I'm not surprised- she also drives like the craziest person on steroids, speeds and blasts her music so loud that the stereo in her car starts crackling. She was so close to death, and that's not an exaggeration- her car was completely totalled. Even in the midst of that: 'My Bettina Lianos are all ripped!'.


No comments:

Post a Comment